New group wide safety initiative launched
Effective health and safety (H&S) management is essential in order to achieve control of the risks and create sustainable improvements in H&S performance. Managing H&S should not be seen as a separate activity from the function of managing the business, rather than as an integral part of the basic management model
'Safety 365' will make H&S much more visible in the business and it will have 5 main themes:
- It is important that everyone working on our sites is COMPETENT in the job they are doing.
- We also need to make sure that we COMMUNICATE effectively about H&S matters (whether it is good or bad) and that we are transparent in our approach. This is how we learn.
- Everyone must CONFORM to the H&S rules and guidance in place.
- Across the group there are different operations in the various locations but wherever possible we need to be CONSISTENT in the way we manage risk
- Most importantly, everybody should understand that all accidents are preventable; working safely is everyone’s responsibility and this needs to be part of our CULTURE.
Back to News & Media